Friday, January 14, 2011

6 week photo shoot

I'm a little behind getting these posted, but I wanted to share some pictures of Rain's first photo shoot. The pictures were taken at our house when she was 6 weeks old - it will be nice to look back on them one day and remember her first home. It's very strange to think her home will change so many times - growing up I only had two homes and they were literally down the street from each other (my parents bought our neighbor's land and house so we moved roughly half a mile down the street!) Since I essentially lived in the same place until I graduated high school, it's funny to think how different Rain's life will be... the life of a military child... hopefully she will never think of it as a sacrifice but as an adventure and will know that home isn't really about the house, it's about the family and love inside it.













1 comment:

  1. What precious pictures! Those will be great to frame a couple to have up forever :)

    We moved quite a bit when I was younger since my dad worked for the government. Good news - younger kids don't really care as long as their parents are with them. Bad news - the older they get the more traumatic it is because friends become more important. We moved when I was 4 and 7 and it didn't matter. We moved when I was almost 11 and I was pretty upset but did adjust quickly. I can imagine it's especially hard in high school. But, Rain will be OK and figure it all out!

    ReplyDelete