Thursday, May 28, 2009

I love Texas!!




Okay so I'm behind getting this one posted, but I had some issues with internet access. I wrote this on June 7th as we were leaving Texas on our way to Seattle...

We're leaving Texas today after spending 3 weeks here and it's been an absolute blast! Shane's grandmother had her 70th birthday party at Bo and Angie's which gave us a chance to see most of Shane's family. My sister graduated from college and had a party to celebrate which gave us an opportunity to see most of my family. We've seen friends, worked on projects, even went camping and watched chuckwagon races! (Yes, as in covered wagons pulled by horses or mules in all different shapes, sizes, and colors...I assure you you've never seen ANYTHING like it! See the picture above.)

We also spent a relaxing weekend on Mom's deck eating BBQ and enjoying absolutely perfect weather! Of course we couldn't make a trip home without a day in Shreveport - Strawn's, Monjuni's, and seeing college friends are always a must! I think the biggest negative to being here is the food is just TOO good. Between grandma's cooking, BBQ, and the enormous amounts of Mexican food we've eaten the scale is a terrifying thing! Oh well, I have a sneaking suspicion we won't find good Mexican food in Japan so we better enjoy it while it lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment