Thursday, September 30, 2010

Skype Shower

On September 11th at 4pm (September 12th at 6AM in Japan!) I had a Skype baby shower!! Technology is sooo amazing and gave me the opportunity to have a shower with friends and family back home even though I couldn't make it to the states!

From left: Norma, Debbie, Mom, Christy, Angie, Lynnlee, Grandma, Emily, Kim, Julie, Josie, Amy, and Emily... Oh and ME on the tv!!!

Mom was an amazing hostess and I am sooo thankful that she threw this shower for me!

A picture from my side of the world... do I look a little sleepy?! Definitely not used to getting up at 5am... I suppose that's all about to change soon! (And yes, I kept things festive by using decorations from my shower here!)

It was sooo fun getting to chat with everyone and actually SEE them! It was fun that everyone got to see my growing belly (we even played the belly measuring game) and I gave everyone a tour of our Japanese home!

Opening gifts...

we are soooo blessed and thankful for everyone's generosity. I think Little Bit is spoiled already!! :)

SUCH a CUTE cake and fun Japanese treats! Of course I would have LOVED to taste the cake, but considering the early hour I think fresh blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries were probably the better choice! Little Bit would have been on a sugar over load if I had eaten cake at 6am!!

Lynnlee really liked the blue icing!

Meeting baby Josie for the first time! Julie and Stew made a long trip with a tiny little one to attend the shower... it was soooo great to see all THREE of them!!!

We are truly blessed to have such amazing friends and family. The shower might not have been traditional, but it was DEFINITELY memorable... Thank you soooo much to all who came and shared it with me!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great idea! Thanks for sharing. :) (Whoever took those pictures, their camera thinks it's 2007. Unless you're 3 years pregnant...)

    ReplyDelete