Sunday, December 27, 2009

Joy to the World

Merry Christmas!!!

I've included a few pictures we've taken during the holidays this year. I have to admit I was surprised by the amount of Christmas decorations, trees, lights, etc... displayed by Japanese families and businesses. Apparently it's becoming more and more popular here as a commercial holiday - decorations and gift giving aren't uncommon, but believing in the real reason for Christmas is pretty rare. We are lucky to have found a church outside the Navy base - the video is from the Christmas service - like so many things here, it's familiar, but with a Japanese twist! It was wonderful to worship God at a Christmas service like no other I've ever experienced and I truly have a new perspective to the song Joy to the World!

Our Christmas tree!

USS GEORGE WASHINGTON (CVN 73)

My Japanese sensei (teacher) - Nobuko and I

Street decorations in Odawara

Krispy Kreme specialty donuts (I just think the sign is funny)

Queen's Mall

Jingle Bells!!

No comments:

Post a Comment