Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Happy Culture Day

Today is Culture Day in Japan. A national holiday established in 1948 to commemorate the November 3, 1946 announcement of the Constitution. It is recognized as a day to celebrate peace and freedom and promote culture. Sadly the only culture I got today was from the comfort of our house! I just made it back from Hong Kong last night though - Shane's ship pulled in there for a few days so I flew out to meet him! It was an amazing trip and since he's been gone for the last 3 weeks it was nice just getting to see him! I will post more about Hong Kong (with pictures) soon, but I'll just say we got a heaping spoonful of culture while we were there!

Shane's out with the ship again now and I'm back in Japan...doing fun stuff like laundry and trying to figure out the most effective use of our heaters since it's C-O-L-D!!! There was sleet last night as I was walking home from the train, SLEET!! Oh and yes, of course I forgot my umbrella, ouch! Sooo, in addition to doing laundry today I made it a priority to dig out every piece of winter clothing I own. Yay for wool socks and sweaters!!!

Since I didn't get a chance to write on the 31st - I hope you all had a great Halloween and have a wonderful Culture Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment