Sunday, August 9, 2009

My Sunday Evening Entertainment

Oh my GOODNESS!!! I'm completely okay, but I just felt an earthquake!!! They say earthquakes happen here all the time but this is the first time I've ever felt one in my entire life!!! At first I thought there was something wrong with the a/c, then I realized the noise I was hearing was actually the entire house shaking. It lasted about 20-30 seconds - just long enough for me to jump in a doorway, listen to the dishes rattle, watch the tv shake, feel a little motion sick and wonder what I'm really suppose to do in an earthquake!!! Fortunately it stopped and nothing was damaged, but it definately got my heart racing!

Ooooh, and I just found stats about it online! It was a 7.1 magnitude earthquake roughly 200 miles SSW of Tokyo.

By the way - pictures from my trip to Singapore are coming soon!!!

2 comments:

  1. You are supposed to call your mother and tell her you are ok!!!! I just nearly had a heart attack when I saw the headlines of a 7.1 magnitude earthquake near Tokyo and surrounding area!!

    ReplyDelete